Tuesday 31 December 2013

Round-up 2013

2013, you've been a lot of fun, plenty of change and lots of chaos too. 
Kitchen's done and is such an improvement. The use of space makes it a lovely, family living area.
Bathroom is also done - with a couple of bits that needed tightening or tinkering with, but it's done and looks much nicer than before. Couldn't do a lot with the space as it is what it is.
Still haven't won millions on the lottery....
Kittens are growing, and will need to go and be spayed in the new year, which is in under 24 hours now! Wow, how did that happen?
Christmas came and went, several times. We counted it up, and with various friends and family gatherings we'll have had 5 "Christmases" by the time we're done. Each one with a big dinner, crackers and gifts. I made a gingerbread house! I've never made one before and it was easier than I thought, and tasty too. I want to make a gingerbread Tardis next.
On to 2014 then and I got a Gardening calendar for Christmas and I aim to sort out some growing space in my garden and grow something I can eat. I have seeds for sprouts, carrots, courgette, chard, tomato and lettuce. I don't think the tomatoes will do well here, but the others should do OK. I think I have pumpkin seeds somewhere too, will have to go through and see what I actually have and start planning. I want to be eating things I picked or pulled or dug from the garden. I want to be washing soil off and complaining about slug damage.
2013 was mental, mad-busy and chaotic. It was loads of fun too, and there are so many happy times and positives to reflect on. 2014 is starting with the best of intentions and I hope will be better.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thanks for commenting.
Comments are moderated to keep out the spam, please bear with me and I will release your words as soon as I can.