Tuesday 26 November 2013

Day 7: Kitchen units.

It's starting to look like a kitchen again.
The bathroom, on the other hand, still looks the same as it did at the end of Thursday. Twice since then, I've been told the shower should be fitted by now and it's still not there. Without any sort of timetable, I have no way of knowing if that's true or not.
The kitchen light is still hanging by a bunch of wires, one of which is still bare and shiny. There was an electrician in the house today, I saw him, it said "Electrician" on his jacket and he was fitting an electric extractor fan in the kitchen. I now know how those work, information which would have been really useful last Wednesday when I realised the one in the bathroom won't turn off.
Tomorrow, apparently, is tiling - although how on Earth they expect to do that in the bathroom when the bath, toilet, sink, and shower aren't in place, I have no idea. The old bath and toilet are still there, but they're going to be replaced. The team today were surprised that they hadn't been done yet, but not at all surprised that I have no clue what is happening.
It's a shambles. But the kitchen is starting to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thanks for commenting.
Comments are moderated to keep out the spam, please bear with me and I will release your words as soon as I can.